Georgia Corporation Intent to Incorporate Publishing Requirements
Per Georgia Statutes, all corporations must publish a notice of intent to incorporate in the newspaper which is the official legal organ of the county where the initial registered office of the corporation is to be located, or in a newspaper of general circulation in such county and for which at least 60 percent of its subscriptions are paid, for once a week for 2 consecutive weeks, no later than the next business day after filing articles of incorporation with the Secretary of State.
Georgia also requires changes to articles (amendments) as well as corporate dissolution to be published in a legal organ.
If this legal notice is NOT published then you are NOT in compliance with the State of Georgia Law.
Title 14 – Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 2 – Business Corporations
Article 2 – Incorporation
§ 14-2-201.1. Publication of notice of intent to file articles of incorporation
• (a) Together with the articles of incorporation, the incorporator or incorporators shall deliver to the Secretary of State an undertaking (which may appear in the articles of incorporation or be set forth in a letter or other instrument executed by an incorporator or any person authorized to act on behalf of the corporation) to publish a notice of the filing of the articles of incorporation as required by subsection (b) of this Code section.
• (b) No later than the next business day after filing the articles of incorporation, the incorporator shall deliver to the publisher of a newspaper which is the official organ of the county where the initial registered office of the corporation is to be located or which is a newspaper of general circulation published within such county whose most recently published annual statement of ownership and circulation reflects a minimum of 60 percent paid circulation a request to publish a notice.
• The notice shall be published once a week for two consecutive weeks commencing within ten days after receipt of the notice by the newspaper. Failure on the part of the incorporator to deliver the notice or payment therefor or failure on the part of the newspaper to publish the notice in compliance with this subsection shall not invalidate the incorporation of the corporation or the filing of the articles of incorporation.
Publishing your Georgia Corporation can be confusing for business owners
Common problems business owners have when trying to publish their corporate name in a newspaper
• Most individuals are not familiar with generating a legal notice
• Writing the legal notice takes time that you might not have
• Choosing the correct approved newspapers to place the legal notice in is critical
• Researching how to place the legal notice in a newspaper and purchasing/submitting the legal notice in the newspapers takes time that you might not have
Why Choose Us for your Georgia Corporation Name Publishing
From start to finish we make a complex issue simple. We have a long and well-established relationship with local county newspapers throughout the State of Georgia. Due to our large volume of corporate name publishing, these newspapers give us additional discounts not available to the individual. We can then pass along these savings to you.
With the vast number of newspapers in circulation our staff knows which newspapers comply with the Georgia statue and will select the appropriate newspaper based on the county of your business.
Our Georgia Corporation Name Publishing Process
• We generate a legal notice that meets all the requirements for publishing a corporate name in the State of Georgia.
• We submit the legal notice to an approved newspaper in the Georgia county were your principal place of business is located.
• We obtain an affidavit from the newspaper that your legal notice has been published.
• The affidavit of publication is emailed to you for your business records and proof of legal compliance with the State of Georgia Statue.
Timeline to Complete Georgia Corporation Name Publishing
Completion is approximately 4-6 weeks. During this time, we will generate your legal notice, arrange and publish your legal notice in a newspaper in the county of your principal place of business, obtain the affidavit from the newspaper, and email you the affidavit of publication for your business records.
Georgia Corporation Name Publishing Pricing
Price is determined by the cost of the newspaper advertisements plus our service fee for preparing the legal notice, submitting it to the newspaper and providing you with the affidavit of publication. The price we provide in the order form is all inclusive and there are no additional or hidden fees.